Friday 17 May 2019

Only Yesterday,

I mentioned that we did not do Internet banking,


 and today I wished we did! for one reason only, I paid a bill by transferring money from our current account, our paper statement goes directly to our accountant who then emails it to us, well as it was mid month and I wanted to look at our funds, I also asked for a statement, which I did not look at until I arrived home, and of course instead of giving me a statement from our current account the teller gave me one from our savings account, so back to the bank today, if only we had Internet banking! still at least I got another look at the art deco cinema opposite the bank,

 and a look at the now flowering rhododendron, 

in the side garden of the gatehouse on the way back home, apart from that a quiet day, saying that, Steve called round for a coffee and a chat in the late afternoon, after saying goodbye after our evening meal, it was feet up for a few quiz shows, 

one from Swamp People, one from Deadliest Catch, finally one from the WWII archive, The Enemy Below, a classic war film showing that combatants could still be 'gentlemen', we rounded the evening off with just one episode of Game of Thrones, then well past the midnight hour we were off to bed.


No comments: