Sunday 26 May 2019

We Are Going To A Local Event,

but first to the pharmacy, I have to drop off my repeat prescription,


 on the way back I notice this in a charity shop window, well it had to happen sooner or later with a dry cleaning shop nearby,

we walked back to the church,

 and noticed a favourite entertainer of mine, Richard Digance was playing there soon,

and this is where we were going, at the side of the church a summer fete,

 that had all manner of stalls,

 selling their wares,

 and like the previous one we attended, it had a stage for local school children to perform,

 now these looked nice, we will be buying some when we make a move for home,

 and for Diana this hit all of the right buttons,

 wood fired pizzas, for myself I do not eat pasta, pizza, spaghetti, lasagna, etc, ever, for some strange reason melted cheese makes me feel really bad, even the smell of it has me feeling unwell, why? I have no idea, but I always make sure I am upwind of melted cheese dishes, 

but I had to have a closer look,

 and good though it apparently was, Diana made a beeline for this stall, Diana loved the wrap she bought here the last time we visited, in December last year,

 whilst Diana was in the queue,

 I had a look at some of the other stalls, above Paula's Delight,

 and here is Diana's delight, a Greek wrap,

 there was a local brewery shop selling beers, so we just had to buy a couple of Green Parrots for Steve, who likes the odd drop of beer,

 in the centre of the church grounds,

 this tree has been planted, it is I think a chestnut tree, hopefully a focal point for the local community in many years to come,

 a prize every time, sounds to go to be true!

 plants for sale,

 as well as wonky vegetables,

 we had arrived at the main road side of the fair,

 so continued our walk along it ,

 there were a few stalls to investigate, like this drinks stall,

 we gave the bees,

 and handicrafts a miss, nice though they were,

 I never knew that Beckenham had it's own pottery,

 back to the strawberry stall, one of English strawberries and one of cherries, 

 a glass of bubbly anyone?

 well we just had to have an ice cream,

 it was so hot, and they were so nice,

back to the stage,

 where some of the local school children,  

 were showing off their skills,

 at Irish dancing, 

 all were having a great time as well as the audience, next stop Waitrose for some shopping, a couple of refreshing lagers in O'Neil's, 

 then home for a starter of prawn avocado,

 'Cheers!',

 followed by garlic marinated chicken, with chips for Diana,

 and boiled potatoes for myself,

the strawberries we bought today with fresh cream and meringue finished off the meal, we listen to music for most of the evening, but rounded the evening off with one more from Game of Thrones, I will only be making one post today as I am off to Crystal Palace for a day of motor sport, and with that we were off to bed.


No comments: