Monday 30 March 2020

First Thing In The Morning,

I threw a few peanut outside for the birds,


 normally cows and magpies appear, but today a pair of ducks were waiting,

 so now we have quacks as well as the crows and magpies making their presence known,

on to Sunday lunch, for today a starter of vegetable soup,

 'Cheers!',

 for the wine, 

 a few Fridays ago Steve very kindly brought a nice bottle of red around, 

 which went so nicely with our main course,

 of roast pork, lots of gravy for Diana,

 none for myself,

 another quick 'Cheers!', we decided against a dessert, we were both full to bursting, we spent the afternoon at the table chatting away and listening to music, late in afternoon we had a game of Monopoly, I will not say who won, but Diana lost, just after that looking out of the window, I noticed something I thought was slightly strange,

 as far as I was concerned ducks fly, swim and walk, they do not perch on trees,

 or on the tops of roofs, but here they were, the pair of ducks were back,

so a handful of peanuts out of the window,

 and down they flew, 

I zoomed in,

 having eaten all of the ones on the gravel, 

 it was on to the grass,

I wonder if they will be back tomorrow? in the evening we watched Have I Got News For You and a couple from the Poirot Box, and with end of those we were off to bed.


No comments: