Sunday 20 December 2020

We Have Featured Artists,

that use hyperrealism in their works,


 not many use the humble ball point pen, but Nigerian artist Oscar Ukonu does, he is able to draw artworks that cannot be distinguished from high-resolution photographs, all photographs Oscar Ukonu, 

the self-taught artist started drawing when he was nine-years-old, but only got into hyperrealistic art during his time in architecture school,

Oscar spends an insane amount of time trying to capture the tiniest details and features of his subjects on a piece of paper, every one of his pieces takes between 200 and 400 hours of work to complete, but the entire process is actually even more complex, as he begins by brainstorming for ideas, sometimes sketching some of them, then photographing possible subjects, and spending some time getting to know them, before he actually starts to draw them, “Yea, the photoshoot is an important part of my process. When I have an idea for a series or artwork I pen them down and sometimes flesh out a few sketches. Then what follows is photography where I take maybe 100 pictures and select about 10,” Oscar told Vsionvry. “When it’s time to put pen to paper I let these pictures inform me. What I mean by ‘inform’ is that I don’t just use one picture: I use the whole photoshoot. That way I’m able to take down all the different individual pieces and  maintain the fidelity of the initial idea I had.” what stunning pictures, if you want to purchase any of them have a look at his gallery.


No comments: