Saturday 19 December 2020

When The Crow Called By,

I had forgotten to turn off the flash,


which startled both of us,

in the morning Steve called by, looking along the park road someone was having a delivery, 

I popped down to Kingfisheries with Steve, arriving home after a chat and a coffee we said farewell,

I then popped upstairs to play with another photograph, again taken as we were queuing outside of Louis Vuitton with the pocket camera, above as it came out of the camera with lots of reflections on the glass from the shops opposite,

I added a bit more colour and removed the reflections,

then played around swapping colours and making a totally surreal image,

next black and white,

the difference in these three easy to see,

the first one as it is, using a straight forward colour swap, the second two darkened and lightened,

side by side for a easy comparison,

I tried an antique sepia toned effect next,

back to black and white, but giving the image a old damaged look, with blemishes and scratches,

going back to the colour photograph, a few clouds in the background rather than the abstract of the shop display, great fun for myself as I like both photography and playing with the images,

in the evening time for my meal, Diana was still at work, a read and a pre-meal sherry,

and a Christmas advent bubbly,

'Cheers!',

you know what I am going to say next,

it was so nice I had to have another one!

only one course tonight,

4 slices of salmon cheesecake, a scallop shell with prawns, smoked and poached salmon and smoked salmon rolls, they say eating fish improves the brain, from my own experience it does not work,

having said only one course I did have a few grapes for dessert,

before starting on the red,

I read and listened to music until just before10.00 Diana called, so down to the bus stop,

and back, feet up for a coffee, a New Tricks, and we were off to bed.


4 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Stanley-be honest, did you buy two bubbly calendars? You sure like second helpings on the little bottles! Alley and I have the same issue- once a little bubbly might as well have another! That means you are happy in life and of course you sleep well just like us. Happy Holidays to you both! Our motto-Every Good Day Is One Less Bad Day and Our Goal Is To Have All Good Days!

jpo5626 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, Diana only bought 1 advent bubbly calendar, really! it s just that with my no alcohol days I have to play catch-up! best regards, Stan and Diana.

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, I inadvertently publish your last comment, as you can see I have now removed it, sorry about that! best regards, Stan and Diana.