Wednesday 15 November 2023

Another Day Of Only One Post,

as it is Wednesday I will be out as soon as I post this,


as I will be visiting Duncan, back to Tuesday, what is it with me and electrics? our brand new fridge/freezer was not working properly, it is accepted that the refrigerator should maintain a temperature of roughly 4C, as our old one did, but the new one, even though set to its coldest would not go down below 8C not at all acceptable, so a call to Curry's who transferred me to Hotpoint, after a series of questions it was decided that a engineer would call round sometime on Thursday, why is it I can not buy or use anything electrical and have no problems? next it was a horrible wet day, but I had a few things to do, firstly as our CO2 cylinder for our soda water needed exchanging I went to Sainsbury's in Penge, also as I was there I wanted to pick up some garibaldi biscuits for Duncan as he like them so much, 

I walked past a deserted Beckenham Green, no one around on this miserable day, 

I alighted in Penge High Street, also I was on the look out for a pharmacists, I tried one with no luck,

and then here, 

Mack's Pharmacy, and it had just what I wanted, on a tip from John in the US who also like myself suffered from a cut whilst shaving that did not stop bleeding, advised me to buy one of these, 

it is known as a styptic pencil, it is a medicated stick generally made of powdered crystal from an alum block and a wax binder which is pressed into a handy lipstick size and shape, you normally use a Styptic Pencil to seal small cuts and nicks, especially those caused during wet shaving, £2.50 and I was on my way, hopefully I will never need it, but in any event many thanks for the tip, in the UK you can buy one online here

next stop Sainsbury's to exchange our CO2 cylinder and pick up 4 packets of garibaldi biscuits, next the bus to Beckenham as this is the last day that Lidl is open in Beckenham I wanted to pick up another couple of wine boxes and a couple of rums, after today it will mean a bus to Bromley for my favourite tipples, as I got onto the bus I could hear someone calling me, 

by sheer happenstance it was Diana! what are the odds that she would be on the same bus as myself? especially when she said this is not the normal bus she catches as she missed the usual 354, so into Lidl we went, shopping finished we were soon on our way home, where it was feet up for a couple of quiz shows, and our evening meal, after which for some reason there was no BattleBots, but in a piece of great news the fourth part of Planet Earth III was showing on BBCi player,

image BBC this episode titled Freshwater, it is when programs like this are on that we are so glad we bought a large television and paid a tad extra for a OLED screen, after which it was 2 from Midsomer Murder, before we were off to bed.


No comments: