Thursday 16 November 2023

Diana Has A Day Off,

two in one week, amazing!


 as soon as I post today's post we will be out, so only one post today, back to Thursday, about 08.00 in the morning the engineer from Hotpoint arrived as promised with his box of tricks, I explained to Howard what the problem was, then good news, it was agreed over the next few days Hotpoint would get in touch and drop off a new unit and remove the old one, what a relief and a big well done to Howard and Hotpoint! before Diana left for work, one of my favourite ways to start the day,

smoked haddock warmed in milk with a mug of tea, 'Cheers!', after Diana left for work I had the afternoon to myself, so part 18 of the trip Neil and myself made to India,

we were on a plateau, which in the rainy season is normally flooded, Neil had a try in one of the small streams with a hand net,

and had some luck,

with a few shrimps,

this one quite nice with his banded arms,

this a pair, but all were not economically viable, but I did find a strange creature, that did not like the warmth of my hand or the sun, I was trying to find out which end was the head,

we sat by a waterfall along with one of the sisters of a nearby convent and some helpers, including Aneil on the left from the Ministry of Marine Development in the Indian government,

Aneil with the statue of a elephant that is only visible in the dry season,

the stream continued, 

through the forest,

we continued looing in the rock pools,

a hello from some of our helpers, at the end of the video there are the remains of the old bridge, 

and here it is, part 18 of the travels that Neil and myself made in north east India, looking for new species of fish, after my evening meal and a Antiques Road Trip, it was feet up for a big one, 

 Gettysburg, the depiction of the events leading to a pivotal battle of the Civil War, the battle of Gettysburg, it was at over 4 hours long not one to take on lightly, but it depicted the lead up to the battle that I would assume to be historically correct, and what was uncanny at the beginning of the film the original combatants were shown with their film counterparts, some of the likeness were so close, after which Diana returned home from work, so feet up for a coffee, chat and a Midsomer Murder before we were off to bed.


No comments: