Saturday 25 November 2023

I Must Have Missed The End,

the last few times we went to the cinema, 


years ago the films always ended with THE END, but I seem to have missed it in modern films, above The Glass Bottom Boat (1966),

Grand Hotel (1932), these and many more have been collected by Christian Annyas who designs websites, in his spare time he has watched a lot of movies over the years, “To prove I’ve sat through at least the first ten minutes of them I started making screenshots of the titles. Then my computer crashed and I almost lost them all. To save them for future generations I created this little website.”

Made in Paris (1966)

An American Romance (1944)

Lassie Comes Home (1943)

Come Live with Me (1941)

On the Town (1949)

Neptunes Daughter (1949)

I am not sure where this one comes from, but it is effective, His website is The Movie Titles Stills Collection, an online archive of hundreds of movie-stills organised by decade, featuring stunning vintage typography, art and design, follow him on his Facebook pageI really must wait until the credits finishes in the next film we watch, to see if the words ‘The End’ do actually appear.


No comments: