Thursday 2 November 2023

Blog Posted,

and I was out,


into a grey,

wet day,

on my way to the number 54 bus stop I noticed these,

quite large mushrooms growing,

in the bus the rain and condensation made taking phonographs almost impossible,

but I did notice and photograph this, the building that never seems to be finished had in fact had the scaffolding removed from the bell tower, I was amazed!

in Blackheath Village, the florists were open,

a nice show of cut flowers, 

on the other side of the door,

a nice display of cyclamen,

the winter service was here, so a change of trains at Dartford,

in the pond by the station a pair of swans had taken up residence,

the willow looking nice as it had not yet dropped its leaves, 

a bit of good fortune, the 10.30 train that goes through to Gravesend, which normally leaves before I arrive, was delayed, so only a short wait at Dartford, 

during which the fountain switched on,

in the far distance the pair of swans,

arriving in Gravesend my bus was already at the stand, so a run and no time to take a photograph over the station, I was soon walking up the hill,

and into the nursing home,

where the staff had put up Halloween decorations,

Duncan was his usual self, we chatted away about the time he and Beckenham Steve arrived in Pattaya to take a SCUBA diving course, with a good friend of ours Steve Blumenthal at the Mermaid Dive School, it was all so much fun, when Duncan's lunch arrived we said our goodbyes and I made a move for home,

outside rain clouds were gathering,

passing the bush with the berries, 

I was amazed to see so many on the ground, alighting from the bus I could see my train on platform 0 so a dash it was upstairs across the tracks and back down again, into the train which in just 30 seconds started to move, I was having luck with the trains and buses today despite changing at Dartford, 

on the way home on the number 54 bus I confirmed that work had finished on the clock/bell tower, if it is a clock I wonder if it now works?

passing Lewisham hospital,

the gardeners had been busy planting the flower beds and a few were still there, the plants look like primroses, 

passing the Green Man stop,

the plants on the roof look like they have made it through the dry summer,

unlike the plants on top of the bus shelters, this is the only one to have survived, 

looking green the others just dried earth and stones,

I stayed on the bus into town, passing the green,

alighting by the florists, 

that had a nice display of peppers, 

into Boots the chemist to pick up the other half of my prescription, which took forever, although the computer showed I was still half of my prescription short, it would not give the pharmacist the OK to release them, what a mess! there they were but the computer said "No", eventually after an age of me sitting there the pharmacist said to take them, and she would have serious words with the computer,
 
next stop the card shop, Christmas wrappings in arm,

over to Lidl,

the cut flowers looking nice, wine and rum purchased and I was off home,

the skies had cleared, in the late afternoon I looked at the photographs I had posted of the infrared subjects on our wall, on the computer they look very hazy, well not well defined, as an example this one, 

which I called Stranger on the Shore, the figure is a bit blurred, 

as it happens it does in the blow-up, but in real life it is pin sharp,

in the evening our meal after a read and a sherry,

our starter, 

on the packet 'Provençal herb coated salmon with a mustard and orange sauce' which was delicious, 

as was our next course, Diana had made a huge beef stew,

well I just had too,

'Cheers!',

for dessert, well it is near Christmas, mince pies with cream, we watched a BattleBots and a Midsomer Murder, Diana was off to work later this evening, after she left it was a Lewis for me,

 followed by Gunpowder, Treason and Plot, a documentary about, well you guessed it, the plot to blow up the Houses of both the Commons and Lords, as well as the King of England, after which I was off to bed.


No comments: