Tuesday 23 May 2017

The Kittens Were Back,

and it appears after some time that they were all here,


 the white one and two of the black ones were the first to appear,

 then settled back,

 to watch the others take a turn,

 the mother keeping an eye on things,

 of the four black kittens they all look alike except two, this one with a white patch on it's chest,

 and this one with a white patch on it's rear right paw, 

 jobs around the house done I was off to the dentist, I always use Dr. Chanis,

 his surgery is on Pattaya Tai, the view looking across the road towards Friendship, crown re-glued in place and 200 baht later and I was on my way,

 to take some more pictures of temples, both with the normal camera and the infrared converted one,

 this temple complex in the one almost opposite the vehicle test centre on the Sumkivitt Road, as you leave town for Bangkok it is a few hundred yards before the Bangkok Pattaya hospital, but on the other side of the road, 

 I took a few pictures with both cameras, 

 then made a move for Mabprachan lake at the top of Soi Siam Country Club, I took a quick look at the stand of eucalyptus trees, normally the water surrounds them, but the lake level at the moment is a tad low, 

 the other reason I called in here is that there is a temple complex here, so I stopped off for some pictures and a soda,

 I continued in to the grounds of the country club, and noticed a steam engine on display,

 and some elephants,

 making their way across a field, 

 next a second steam engine,

 and an aeroplane, 

 a huge steam locomotive and carriages were also here,

 minus the main cranks, 

I found my way to this roundabout,


  which had a nice selection of exotic plants on the side of the road around it,

 on one side the Siam Country Club sign,

 this looked interesting, a plantation, so I went to have a look, I thought it was a plantation, but it was the name of the golf course, I got as far as the gate when I was stopped, I explain I was just taking a few photographs, the guard was not too sure about that, so he had a word with his boss on the walkie-talkie he had, it was 1.30 in the afternoon, I was told 'no pictures, too late' I took that as a no to enter the golf club so turned around, strange club not wanting visitors, but there it is,

on the way back I stopped to take a picture of a waterfall I had seen,


 I then got totally lost, 

 but picked up my bearings when I went to this temple,

  it was one I had visited last week,

  so I knew exactly where I was and found my way to the Sumkivitt and home, where I manged to break a second ice cube making tray,

 so off to Friendship to buy two more, as it was still early at 4.00 in the afternoon the traffic is light, as it gets to 5.00 the traffic is a force to be reckoned with,

 I parked up and made my way across the car-park,

 to the Friendship Supply wing of the company where the slogan across the door proudly claims, 'Complete Solution for Bakeries an Cafes' it was closed, so back home, I will call in tomorrow to hopefully buy the trays and pick up fresh sandwiches for the next few days,

a few days ago when visiting temples I posted this one as an example of a normal picture, taken with a unmodified camera,

and this one with the infrared modified camera,

after playing with the image this is the result I achieved, I know infrared is not to everybody's taste but I like the effect, and it is great fun playing with the images, 

the image can also be swapped for black and white,

and here is the same image given an antique type of look,

moving on, for my evening meal, a salad remarkably similar to the one I had on Saturday,

after my meal I settled down for an evening with Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson, watching some of the ITV1 series and with the end of a couple of those I was off to bed.


No comments: