Monday 8 May 2017

Yesterday,

I took a few pictures with the infrared camera,


and spent 30 or so minuets playing with them adding and subtraction colours and textures, the one above I decided on emphasising the red, white and blue of the National flag,

I did not have a clue what to do with this one, but clearly a steep learning curve ahead for me in my spare time,

 Diana was still in Kai's village and would not be back till late afternoon, so Mr. Tony very kindly called into town to pick me up and we were away to Aroi Pub Resto


a quick look at the bar that has 20 or so Belgium beers on offer,

 a nice selection of salads,

 and starters, the mussels are exceptionally nice,

 a selection of vegetables for the main course, 

 an ever smiling Peter,

 today the choice was ribs, chicken, lamb or some very tender beef,

there is also a station for making poc-poc,


 and special for this week crème brûlée,

 we made our way to our table, 

 for myself a spoon of tuna and of chicken salad and a egg cup of mussels,

 Mr. Tony had similar but with egg mayonnaise and salad potatoes,

 on to our main courses, beef for Mr. Tony,

 lamb for myself,

 one of the always smiling staff making a customer a poc-poc, 

 although not included in the price of the buffet, I could not resist paying extra for the rhubarb pie, delicious, 

 the buffet was 350 baht each, but I did pay extra for the rhubarb pie, even so I have to say it was excellent value for money, the food has so much flavour and the restaurant is surprisingly easy to get to,

just look out for this sign on Sukhumvit on the left, after passing Makro on your right, turn into Soi 89, go over the railway crossing and after a few hundred yards Aroi is on the right hand side with parking opposite,

arriving home the flower that one of the bulbs produced was looking better than ever,

when we arrived home Diana and Kai had still not returned home, so Mr. Tony and myself decided to watch a couple of films, firstly Great Balls of Fire, I have to say I really enjoyed watching it again, here is what I wrote the first time we watched the movie, 'a biographic film of the early career of Jerry Lee Lewis, from his rise to rock 'n' roll stardom to his controversial marriage to his 13-year-old cousin that led to his downfall, is depicted in the film, until the scandal of the marriage depreciated his image, many had thought Lewis would supplant Elvis Presley as the "King of Rock and Roll" in the 1950s, the part of Jerry being played by Dennis Quaid who gave a stellar performance as the star, we both thought the film was hugely enjoyable, but it was panned by critics and the public, what I thought was some how funny was that his song Whole Lot Of Shaking was banned in several states in the US at the time of it's release in the 1950's, how times have changed,

next the Devil's Advocate, enjoyable romp into the dark-side, Diana arrived tired and exhausted after a full days travel, we said our farewells to Mr. Tony and for us we were off to bed.


No comments: