Thursday 23 March 2023

As Soon As I Posted The Blog,

I was out to visit Duncan,


into a cold day, 

my normal bus stop was closed due to the road works, so a walk to the one by Marks & Spencer's it was then,

I was soon speeding past the road works, the same as yesterday afternoon, not a single worker in sight,

past Peter Pan's Pool,

the plants on top of some of the bus shelters starting to grow, spring must soon be here, well summer time starts this Sunday as the clocks go back an hour,

a change of bus drivers at the garage,

 it took so long that the bus,15 or 20 minutes behind this one that did not need a driver change, passed the bus I was on!

no heavy traffic at the market in Lewisham, but the change of drivers meant I will miss my connection at Dartford, 

in the florists next to the station,

the daffodils were putting on a good show,

with plenty of potted plants as well,

the sky was lightening up a tad at the station, down to Dartford when thankfully I was out of one train and on to another,

arriving at Gravesend the skies had taken a turn for the worse with now slight drizzle, 

off of the bus and up the hill,

where things lightened up as I neared the nursing home Duncan stays in, it was still so windy, but at least the drizzle had not turned into rain, Duncan was in fine sprits, we chatted away, as it happens we reminisced about our first trip to Bangkok together, what memories between us! having driven past the same hotel we stayed in then some 35 years later, it had hardly changed at all, but I was told that the one we stayed in that was in Pattaya, since the covid outbreak has been closed, as his lunch arrived we said our farewells,

and I made a move for the station, the clock in the tower long stopped, at the home which was once a school,

I had a smooth ride on the buses and train back, passing the Taco Bell in Lewisham, it now at last appears to be open for business, tables and lights inside,

the front of the building that never seems to be finished still looking tatty to say the least, 

the Catford cat in his usual pose,

one of the many huge magnolia trees that I pass on the bus, many home owners have these in their front gardens, the photograph does not do the blooms justice,

another bus shelter bee hotel looking nice for the spring,

again the bus stop closed that I normally use, so a walk back from Marks & Spencer's stop,

the same as this morning, no workers, but at least the traffic lights are doing their bit in keeping the chaos to a minimum, 

it had turned grey again, the wind worse if anything,

I stopped again to admire this magnolia,

the flowers really starting to open now, 

my tooth was still remarkably painful, or at least I should say the place where it was, with that in mind Diana made me a summer vegetable country soup,

'Cheers!', notice no smiles, with both of my front teeth and more than a few others missing, a smile from myself would look more like a spin chilling leer! I was told at the dentist not to put my dentures in until a few days had passed after the extraction, after our meal it was feet up for a Midsomer Murder, followed by a couple from A Touch of Frost, I have to say we are not looking forward to when this series ends, they are for us so enjoyable, and with the end of the second episode tonight we were off to bed.


No comments: