Saturday 4 March 2023

I Know We Live In Commercial Times,

and many sites need advertisements to help income, 


screenshot AdLock, but just occasionally the number of advertisements on a web page is overwhelming, even more annoying is on some sites, a video popping up in the bottom right of the screen, do not get me wrong on this one, I appreciate that sites need some ads, which is fine, but when the page is 50% advertisements plus a pop up video, what is left on the page is well less than 50%! I have various programs to stop them, but over the past few months web sites have taken a approach that means you have to see the ads or you can not see the page, enter AdLock, I tried it yesterday, it was 100% successful, it stopped all of the ads and pop up videos, so far it is free, but ultimately there will be a charge, I will continue to use this gem until the free trial runs out, and then decided whether to buy it, I have a good suspicion I will purchase the software, obviously as with any software there could be hidden bugs, but so far it is such a pleasure to see the whole page of what the poster wanted you to see without any ads or annoying popups.


No comments: