Thursday 23 March 2023

Just 10 Days Or So Ago,

I made a post of someone being buried alive to break a record for the event,


you can read about it here, and now a new record has started, but this time living under water, the current world record for time spent living underwater was set in 2014 by two Tennessee biologists who managed to live submerged for a total of 73 days,

but if University of South Florida professor Joseph Dituri meets his goal, he will beat that record by 27 days, at the beginning of this month, Dituri, who also goes by the nickname ‘Dr. Deepsea’, moved into Jules’ Undersea Lodge in Key Largo, an underwater hotel 30 feet under the surface, where he plans to remain until June 9th. “The human body has never been underwater that long, so I will be monitored closely,” Prof. Dituri said in a statement. “This study will examine every way this journey impacts my body, but my null hypothesis is that there will be improvements to my health due to the increased pressure.”To keep water from entering the lodge, air must constantly be pumped into the living space, which creates a pressure about 1.6 times that of Earth’s surface, my SCUBA days when I was a Divemaster are long past, but I guess a period of decompression will have to take place before returning to the earth’s surface, hopefully when the results are in it will show a way to help prevent diseases tied to aging, I need all the help I can get!


No comments: