Tuesday 21 March 2023

Today Steve And Myself,

are meeting up with Mahendra and Sunda,


in Bromley, so off to the bus stop for myself,

a bit of a grey day,

but one of the parks residents had decided to add a touch of colour,

along the verge of the boundary fence,

the owner had planted some daffodils,

I walked past the road works, that show no sign of being completed anytime soon,

I was in luck, just as I turned the corner the driver of the 162 bus was just getting into his cab, a short run to the bus and the bus was off,

the magnolia in the churchyard just beginning to flower,

arriving at south Bromley, I had plenty of time, as I had some shopping to do tomorrow I thought I might as well do that today,

so a walk up the High Street, where a few stalls had pitched up,

past the Glades, 

into the predestined area of Bromley,

into Lidl and out again, shopping there completed, 

into and out of Robert Dyas for some draughtproofing for one of our doors,

and back down the hill,

and up again,

at the top of the hill looking back at the Bromley by-pass,

behind me The Crown of Bromley, where we were going to eat, but then it all went mustang, the restaurant/pub does not open on Mondays, on to plan 'B' when Mahendra, Steve and Sunda arrived we made a move,

to the Chequers in Bickley, above Mahendra and Steve, we all went inside and had a most enjoyable lunch, chatting over the times we had in Pattaya when Mahendra, Sunda and many of their friends would meet Diana and myself in Pattaya for their annual golfing holidays,

where we were all welcomed by the bars out there,

this one owned by Mick and Maureen,

we also meet up,

for more than a few meals,

all of these photographs taken in Pattaya,

and in the upstairs part of our home in Pattaya,

where we found out,

that Sunda is an excellent chef,

our meal over we said goodbye to Sunda, Mahendra kindly offered to take us to the dental surgery, over the weekend I had developed a painful toothache, and had made a afternoon appointment for it to be looked at, the result an appointment tomorrow to have a root extracted, evidently it will involve cutting one of my gums, so I have that to look forward to tomorrow! after which Steve made a move for home and Mahendra dropped me off near the park to avoid the road works,

walking past the roadworks the hole had dramatically increased in size, and as usual in the UK, not a single worker to be seen! but at least the traffic lights were working,

a walk past the snail mail box and home where Diana was waiting, the tooth by now was more than a tad painful, so soup it was then for our evening meal, we watched 3 episodes of A Touch of Frost, all of which we had not seen before, and all were excellent, what a great series, I am surprised we had not watched it before now, after which we were off to bed.


No comments: