Friday 17 March 2023

Oh Dear!

2 more days of only making one post,


today I am meeting Steve first thing to look at some fish and Saturday I am working again! back to Thursday, I dropped the car off at Eden Park Motorist Centre for 2 new tyres to be fitted and its annual MOT

and there it is on the left waiting its turn, I had 2 things to buy opposite in the local Sainsburys as I waited for the car, some garibaldi biscuits for Duncan as they are his favourite and always asks for them, I usual buy 4 packs at a time to save keep going back to buy them every week, I also wanted some lime juice cordial for when at home I occasionally have a larger and lime, but it was not to be, I picked up a basket and asked, "garibaldi biscuits? we do not stock them, lime juice cordial? we do not sell it at this branch" so that was that, into Beckenham it will be,

I was going to buy a coffee in a local coffee shop, but when I saw the price I realised that for a few pounds more I could have unlimited breakfast with free flow coffee or tea at the Toby, just opposite the garage, as I had not eaten breakfast it was a plan, 

£7.95 later and I was helping myself, I asked for a couple of fried eggs, "we do not do eggs, there are not any to buy"

a full English, sans eggs, apparently there is a nation wide shortage of eggs, I have no idea why, but lets blame covid, it takes the blame for everything else! next the good news, the garage called, tyres fitted the car passed it's MOT with colours flying, as predicted a tad over £400 as it happens it was £414.14, and I was on my way,

to the bank in Beckenham, as I had to stop for biscuits and cordial I did a few things that did not need doing until next week, so that is one thing I do not have to do then,

banking finished past the cinema and over the road,

for a walk to the big Sainsburys in town, biscuits and cordial purchased and was on my way home, in the afternoon I watched a documentary before a couple of quiz shows and my evening meal, 

after which it was a film that I watched a few times before Valkyrie a film staring Tom Criuse about the attempt to kill Hitler, as it turn out the film was quite close the the actual events but did not mention some of the other attempts leading up to it, I then watched a documentary on the Blu-ray about the attempt which did, also it had an extra where the man who's written Countdown to Valkyrie, the most recent work on the subject, Nigel Jones, interviewed the remaining members of the Stauffenberg family, who at first were opposed to Tom Cruise playing the role due to his religious beliefs, for the full true story of the man Claus von Stauffenberg and family behind the failed plot as told by his son grab a coffee and have a look here, as an aside the right to use key locations in Germany was nearly banned for the film, the cult known as the Church of Scientology, of which Tom Cruise is a high profile member is illegal in Germany, the fact that he was to star in the film outraged the federal government which initially threatened that it would refuse the right to film at some of the key surviving locations in Berlin, but then relented, after which it was on with Netflix, 

I decided on The Last Witch Hunter, I quite enjoyed the storyline and special effects, although I had watched the film before, during which Diana arrived home, so it was feet up for a coffee and a chat, before rounding the evening off with A Touch of Frost, which I do not watch unless Diana is at home , as we are then on the same episode, next we were off to bed.


No comments: