Friday 24 March 2023

The Day stated Out With A Telephone Call,

from my doctor as arranged,


every 6 months or so I pop into the surgery to leave a blood sample, after which the doctor calls at an arranged time to discuss the results and change any medication that might need changing, good news, my blood pressure and all of the other things tested for, cholesterol etc were all fine, just keep on doing what I am doing and all should be well, so that was a relief, what I did not have relief from was my tooth extraction on Tuesday, it was still so painful, so much so that for the first time in years I took a couple of painkillers, after the extraction I was told not to use my dentures until Thursday, as it happens there was no way I was going to try them today! my top gum and lip were just so painful I could not even blow my nose, hopefully tomorrow things will have calmed down a tad, after posting the blog, my exercises, breakfast and a shower I started a few things for the shop, printing out a few invoices and fishkeeping guides,

this time for coldwater fishkeeping, these are kept in the coldwater fish section, for customers to help them self to, or give out to anyone that shows interest in coldwater fishkeeping, there are also guides for topical freshwater and marine fish, during the day I had a few messages regarding Monday and Tuesday next week, on Monday the fire alarm company are calling by to fit all of the communal areas with sensors and other bits of electric that are needed, as I have the keys to these areas I will be letting them in, next on Tuesday assuming all goes well, fitting the alarm will mean access to all of the halls in each flat, so I have the keys for anyone that can not or does not want to be there on Tuesday, at the end of the day we will have the entire house alarmed for warnings of any fire, so that will be a relief, during the day I watched a few documentaries until Diana returned from work, after our meal a Outback Opal Hunters and a Deadliest Catch,

 then our film for the evening The Spy Who loved Me, a great 1977 romp from 007, and of course Jaws, we followed that with one from A Touch of Frost before we were off to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Dear Stanley-please don’t try to cook anything given your cooking history! You have a high chance of burning the food, setting off the new alarm system and then having to explain to neighbors and firefighters 🚒 that your skill set as a cook is not up to snuff! Better continue to have Diana in the kitchen!!!
Regards
John and Alley

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, you are 100% correct! as far as I am concerned the kitchen and everything in it a death trap for me, I will leave all of the cooking to Diana! best regards, Stan and Diana.