Thursday 2 March 2023

Blog Posted,

and I was on my way,


to visit Duncan, a bit of a chilly day as I walked to the bus stop,

which was on time, but the windows a bit steamed up,

I was soon hurtling past Peter Pan's Pool,

it must have ben cold, no early morning drinkers outside the pub in Lewisham!

the market already open,

with plenty of produce,

arriving in Blackheath the florists next to the station open,

with a nice show of flowers,

like these carnations,

plus lots of bulbs in pots,

the cyclamen with their bright colours,

a new poster, crikey a £100 fine!, good job I always buy my tickets, though it has been a surprise on occasions the number of travellers that have been on the train that have not,

now why can it not be like this every week? the bus arriving in plenty of time for the 09.31 to Gravesend, that means I only need one train and do not have to change at Dartford,

grey skies over Blackheath station as I waited for the train,

50 minuets or so later arriving at Gravesend a 10 minuet wait for the 483 to the nursing home,

off of the bus and a walk,

it is surprising how much difference a couple of weeks makes, I missed last week as I was working, but in the time this tree,

has become a mass of flowers, spring is here! Duncan was in his usual jovial mood, we chatted about times past and the latest news, although to be fair neither of us understand the ongoing trading problem with the Irish border, but there it is, as it was approaching lunch time we said our goodbyes,

out of the nursing home to the bus and then the station, where by good luck I caught a train that I did not have to change at Dartford, a perfect trip there and back! at Blackheath on to the number 54 bus,

I mentioned how things changed in 2 weeks previously, well here is something that has not, I am sure not a thing has moved in the Taco Bell outlet since 2 weeks ago, 

off of the bus and into the park for the walk home,

in the evening a read and a sherry, 'Cheers!',

for tonight a few pieces of cold chicken to tuck into followed by strawberries, then feet up until Diana returned home from work, after which a coffee and a chat followed by a Lewis that we had not watched before until we were off to bed.


No comments: