Saturday 18 March 2023

Off Out For The Day,

as I am going out with Steve,


so today another day of only making one post, as soon as I have posted it I will be off to the bus stop, back to Friday, out into a grey drizzly day,

it was one of those miserable days as far as the weather was concerned, I was on my way to meet Steve, we were going to look at a few fish,

the road works back, again, bringing chaos to the junction by Foxgrove Lodge,

Steve picked me up where we could skirt the traffic, and were soon speeding past the O2,

and this strange piece of sculpture,

into the Blackwall tunnel, if you click onto the blue link you can read about the ghost of the tunnel!

and out of the other side we popped into a retail shop and had a look at a few fish as neither of us go this side of the river very often, next stop a coffee at Steve and Kai's home, before making a move myself after saying goodbye to Steve,

waling back home one of the houses in the park had a large magnolia in its front garden,

the flowers just starting to open,

the day had turned 180 degrees, now warm and sunny, I did not need my warm clothes at all!

Diana was at home already and as I was going out I only had a quick read,

before Diana served up a chicken pie and chips,

'Cheers!',

it looks like the road works will be here for the weekend and into next week,

I walked past the church,

to the 227 bus stop by the Italian restaurant,

in no time I was in Penge and crossing the road,

past the new addition to this building that was being worked on the last time I meet Steve in the bar at the Southey Brewing Company

no one sitting outside this evening,

inside the menu for the evening,

a stout and a saison to start the evening, we were looked after by James, as we chatted the night away,

we ended the evening with 2 stouts each, a vanilla and a oatmeal stout, both rather nice as it happens,

after saying our farewells a bus back to Beckenham green, walking across it the daffodils,

were putting on a good show, arriving home a spiced rum nightcap as we watched A Touch of Frost before we were off to bed.


No comments: