Monday 27 March 2023

Great News For Myself,

I was over what ever it was on Saturday,


back to my usual self, the ache from the tooth extraction almost over as well, and we had a visitor that we have not seen for such a long time,

one of the ducks had landed on the ridge tiles of the roof opposite,

I know it is me, but I find it so strange to see a duck on the roof of a building,

on to our Sunday lunch, a read and a sherry,

Diana had made some duck pancakes for our starter,

which were a surprise and delicious, 

for our main course, smoked gammon a ham, with gravy for Diana,

sans gravy for myself,

'Cheers!',

a triple layer mousse for dessert,

leaning heavily on chocolate it has to be said! we listen to some music in the Afternoon, I had put a few more CDs on my telephone play list, one a favourite from the 1960s, the Alan Price Set, who was briefly with the Animals, I am not sure how well known he is in the US, 

but over here he is remembered for many songs including Simon Smith and his Amazing Dancing Bear,
and one of my favourite numbers of his,

I Put a Spell On You, his keyboard work legendary, after which in the evening it was feet up for a film that Steve and Kai had given us,

The Railway Man, it is basically a true story of Eric Lomax, a signals engineer who was forced to work on the infamous Thai-Burmese "Death Railway" after being taken prisoner by the Japanese during the second world war, who witnesses and receives brutal beatings in the time of his incarceration at the hands of the Japanese, and the true life reconciliation of one of his captors 30 years later, after which it was a Columbo before A Touch of Frost, well two of them as it happens, before we were off to bed.


No comments: