Thursday 2 March 2023

Whilst At Work Last Week,

out of my shirts pocket,


all images © Hiroko Kubota, I kept my reading glasses and pen, but how much nicer it would have been to have a pocket with a one of these,

they are the work of artist Hiroko Kubota,

who embroiders these delightful cats, peering over the pocket top,

this spring, Kubota is participating in an Osaka cat event with photographers and other handcraft artists and is planning a solo exhibition this fall. She’s paused international commissions for now, but you can stay updated on her work on Instagram,

I like this one, it reminds me of the photograph, 'black cat in a black room',

if this theme looks familiar many years ago way back in August 2016, we featured the artist's work, and it is nice that the artist has continued with her work, so much nicer than my reading glasses and pens!


No comments: