Thursday 9 March 2023

It Had Snowed Overnight,

the forecast for the past month or so,


kept predicting it would snow, and here it finally is,

having said that on the gravel it was already melting,

on the road already it had melted,

grey skies and it was cold as I made my way to the bus stop,

on to the number 54, which was crowded and steamed up inside,

at Blackheath Village the florists not yet open,

whoever works the signs at the station added a bit of humour to the 09.20, expected 09.27 adding the line 'earlier than usual' the good news I was in time for the 09.31 to Gravesend, so no stopping and changing at Dartford,

the commuter train to London on the opposite platform had just left,

just a 10 minute wait at the bus hub,

and I was soon walking up the hill to the nursing home to visit Duncan,

the tree with the white flowers putting on a good show, but I have to say Duncan was not his usual self, I stayed until lunch time, we said our goodbyes, hopefully next week he will be back to his usual cheerful self,

out of the nursing home and back to the bus stop,

and a bit of a rush to catch the train, which again I had all to myself,

arriving at Blackheath the florists were still closed, I guess a family matter was involved,

I tried taking a few photographs in the bus, but the condensation was just too much for the camera to focus past, as it happens I did notice that there still had not been any more work completed on the Taco bell,

back into the park and on my way home,

Diana had beaten me home, we watched a couple of quiz shows then time for a sherry and a read, I mentioned I had finished a short story by Jorge Luis Borges, titled The Library of Babel, it is a piece of philosophical fiction, here is a review of it, from Bookcraft,

for tonight Diana had prepared pork loins with what I call German pancakes, with mushrooms and cauliflower, with mushroom sauce for Diana,

sans sauce for myself,

'Cheers!',

for dessert a apple and cinnamon sponge with lashings of cream, delicious! we then watched 2 episodes from A Touch of Frost before we were off to bed.


No comments: