Tuesday 14 March 2023

How Times Have Changed,

for the worse,


at least as far as parenting is concerned, admittedly in my youth there was not a swimming pool in a back garden, but what was available was a Red Rover, once bought it allowed unlimited travel for a day on London's buses, in school holidays it was down to the bus garage and buy a Red Rover, onto a 36 then number 45 I think it was and I would spend a day at the Natural History Museum, 2/6 from mum in my pocket to buy a orange juice and a cake for lunch, out at 9.30 in the morning home about 5.00 in the afternoon, what halcyon days they were, the thing is I was only 9 or 10 years old, in a few years when I was 12 or 13 dad would drop me off by the river Thames or Kennet and I would spend the day fishing whilst dad went to companies he had to visit during the day, all with no parental control, 



as I mentioned how times have changed!


No comments: