Tuesday 14 March 2023

The Day Started Out Badly,

as Graham opened the shop the BT hub was not working,


so there I was again, in a queue to talk to BT, eventually a operative said the line was being looked into, after an age Graham called to say the hub was working, BT failed 4 times in 3 weeks, and then it got worse! another call from Graham in the afternoon, the hub had failed again, twice in one day, again "We are experiencing a large number of calls, we will be with you as soon as we can" if our experience with BT is anything to go by no wonder there are such long queue on their telephone call centre! I was told nothing could be done today or tomorrow morning, but an engineer would call in the afternoon, we shall see, I had asked for details of hand held PDQ machines, I am waiting for responses to arrive, on to some good news, Diana called from work and would I like to meet her for a bite to eat? I did not need asking twice! so out to meet Diana,

it was so windy, but at least there was some blue in the sky,

I arrived at O'Neil's,

beating Diana by a few minutes,

we both ordered a meal that included a drink, a coke for Diana,

I had already ordered a larger and lime,

a white wine was the choice for my meal,

'Cheers!' 

a cheese and bacon burger for Diana, scampi and chips for myself,

meal finished a quick pose outside,

well I just had to!

past Foxgrove Lodge,

the skies clearing,

and then one of the parks parrots decided to stop near us,

as it happens it perched quite close to us, it is nice to see them, but at what cost to our native species? arriving home it was a couple of quiz shows, then the last episode of Endeavour which was a shame as we both really enjoyed the series, we followed that with A Touch of Frost, after which Diana went to bed as she was on early shift tomorrow, 

photograph Channel 4, for myself a documentary Hunt for the Arctic Ghost Ship, which I really enjoyed before I too was of to bed.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stan and Diana, long time no hear. How are you?
Do you miss not living in Thailand?
Mocha Joe

PattayaStan said...

Hi Mocha Joe, welcome back! we are both fine I am happy to say, as it happens only on Tuesday we both went in for a blood test on the NHS and all was well for the 4 or 5 main things tested for, cholesterol etc, as for Thailand we do miss our cats as well as our friends living there, and of course Diana now having to work, as moving back we lost our rental income and everything except the NHS is so ridiculously expensive in the UK, of course there will always be the times we spent on the beach, and eating at some of the great restaurants that Thailand has to offer that we occasionally miss, but there it is, we can always pop back for a holiday, I hope this finds you well, best regards, Stan and Diana.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are both in good health and keeping well. Yes. I guess there is pro & cons for both Thailand and the U.K. The cost of living in the U.K. at the moment, especially in terms of electricity, gas, utilities and food is completely off the scale! Take care and regards to Diana.
Mocha Joe ☕️