Wednesday 22 March 2023

First Thing As Soon As I Have Posted This,

I will be out to visit Duncan,


so I will only be making one post today, back to Tuesday, I had a busy day planned, in the morning I had a couple of things to do I could only do in Beckenham and Bromley, 

so into a grey day,

past the traffic lights, chaos still reigns locally due to the road (gas) works,

into town the florists was putting on a good show,

although difficult to see, one of my grandmothers favourite flowers for sale in pots, lily of the valley,

in Beckenham in to the chemists Boots for my bi-monthly prescription, next a 227 into Bromley,

then into Lloyds in the market square, I had to pay cash into the bank for the shop, now that Lloyds in both Beckenham and West Wickham have closed, and also Barclays in Beckenham as it happens is also closing in April, this is the nearest open branch of Lloyds, do you banking on the Internet I hear you say, but how do shops and members of the public pay cash into their accounts?

next stop Lakeland to exchange our CO2 cylinder for our soda water machine,

but as I walked closer, all was not well,

the sign was of no help as I wanted to exchange a cylinder, it mentioned the nearest Lakeland was in Bluewater, an impossible distance to travel by public transport,

the store locked, another empty retail store in Bromley's High Street, and a store we will no longer be buying from,

so on to the bus and home, I alighted at the club,

and walked through the grounds home,

past the grass courts on the left,

to the hard courts by the gate into the park, luckily as a member of the club I have a key, at home a coffee and a search for places where I could exchange our CO2 cylinder, and by shear happenstance Argos in Penge came up, I am sure they did not offer the service when we bought our soda stream, as I would have used them as they are nearer to us than the one in Bromley, also the store was just a few stops up from the dentist where I had to go this afternoon,

in the afternoon back out to the bus stop,

it was turning into a nice day,

by now all work had stopped on the road works, well it was late, before 3 o'clock in the afternoon, my dentists appointment was for 3.15, nice working hours, if you can get them!

past the green,

I changed buses at the war memorial,

into Argos and sure enough they had exchange cylinders, but they had risen in price for the service, from £12.99 in Lakeland last month to £15.00 in Argos, I queried the price but was told that was correct, but the good news was at least they had them,

Argos is in the front of the reception area in Sainsburys, Penge,

conveniently next to the The Moon & Stars if you are feeling thirsty or peckish,

I walked back to the dentist, where my troublesome tooth was extracted, the top of the tooth was already not there, it was on my denture, it was the root that was still in my gum that was giving me gyp, for the examination yesterday and extraction today, just a tad under £100, dentistry is not available to Diana or myself on the NHS, but for others less financially fortunate it is free,

I walked back home past the entrance to the church,

the magnolia unfortunately in the shade,

not so the daffodils in the graveyard,

as I walked home it had turned into a nice day, I beat Diana home by 20 minutes or so, after a coffee and a chat it was time for our evening meal, a Thai dish for Diana, lobster bisque soup for myself, the anaesthetic was wearing off, the tooth or lack of it was making its presence known, also I was told not to put back my dentures until Thursday, so no chewing for me! after our meal we watched a Midsomer Murder, followed by 2 from A Touch of Frost before we were off to bed.


No comments: