Thursday 29 June 2023

Another Day Of Only Making One Post,

the reason being as soon as I post this,


I will be off to visit Duncan, I was up early, whilst Diana was still asleep I had been busy, a Happy Birthday sign up for Diana for when she wakes up and goes to work, Diana tried to take today off but they were just too short staffed for her to take her birthday off, 

for myself I was out into a grey day, onto the number 54 bus,

 and past the building site, now cleared of one of the old trees, difficult to see, but it is a shame as it was a big old tree, but I guess in the way for the new building on the site,

past Peter Pans Pool,

and Lewisham market, looking at the far pallet,

I hope someone likes mushrooms!

I was early, the florists not yet open,

and in plenty of time for the 09.31 to Gravesend, so no changing trains at Dartford,

good job I am not travelling on the 1st or 2nd!

a grey day at the bus hub in Gravesend,

off of the bus and up the hill towards the nursing home,

at the entrance the apple tree,

starting to bear fruit,

past the roses and inside to visit Duncan, who as usual was in fine sprits, we chatted away with a few television programmes on in the background, his Amazon fire stick still working well, as his lunch arrived at just after 1.00 we said our farewells, 

and I made a move for the bus stop,

at the station the 14.04 just pulling in although the signage had not yet changed,

not long to wait and after the 50 minute train journey,

I was in Blackheath Village looking at the plants,

the fuchsias,

and dwarf roses looking nice,

on the other side of the door a selection of cards,

onto the number 54 bus and pass the clock tower still under repair,

the newly planted sunflowers looking a little lost, pointing in all directions,

in the final bed it looked like it had been planted with marigolds,

this bee garden on top of one of the bus shelters looking nice,

this one looking well,

dead, it appears that after planting them no one had put any money into the budget to water them, which is a shame,

I stayed on the bus to the green,

crossing over the road to Marks & Spencer's to pick up a few things,

back out and a walk home,

I had sent Diana a card by post, which I kept and put under the door before she woke up, plus I had made a card with 2 photographs of our wedding

and a small present which she will open after she returns from her late shift,

plus whilst I was in M & S,

 I picked up a few flowers,

so this is what Diana will see,

when she arrives home from work,

time for my evening read and sherry,

a selection of Indian starters,

eyes down and tuck in,

followed by chicken tikka masala, prawn bhuna and basmati rice,

'Cheers!, after which it was feet up for a Antiques Road trip followed by a Endeavour, just as it finished Diana arrived home so a chat, a coffee, and time to open her present,

all set to open,

small but I knew Diana would love her present,

a jewellery box, 

but what did it contain?

these, a pair of emerald earrings in the shape of a butterfly, and how did I know that Diana would like them? because of this, 

back in May after a walk around Kelsey Park we stopped at Walsh Brothers, the jewellers in the High Street, where Diana saw them and commented how nice they were, as soon as I could without Diana hearing me, I telephoned them the following day and bought them, picking them up a few days later, so that is how I knew Diana would love them! on with ITVX for a Midsomer Murder before we were off to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Dear Stanley and Diana
We know you folks had a joint birthday celebration with Kai and Steve couple of weeks ago that looked like a great time. Happy Birthday Diana! Sad could could not get off work, but WOW-what a lovely present Stanley got you! Alley said they were about the prettiest earrings she has seen-and now next day off you can wear they out! Anyway, we hope you had a happy birthday and wish you health and good fortune for the coming year and many, many more birthdays forward!
Happy Birthday!
John and Alley

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, many thanks for your kind wishes, and Diana did wear them the next day! best regards, Stan and Diana.