Saturday 3 June 2023

Whilst Watering The Plants,

I could not help but notice how many of the succulents were in flower,


the boxes on both window sills,

had plants in flower,

some growing out of the window boxes,

like this one,

the flowers small but but there it is, the plants way of saving water,

in the afternoon I was out, not to see Steve as he could not make our evening meeting at the pub, 

but to do some shopping, so past the green,

and graveyard,

which was getting a grass cut,

it was so over grown you could not see the gravestones, but all is well now, 

before catching to 227 bus to Penge, I popped into Londis, to drop off a parcel that Diana wanted to be delivered,

off of the bus and into Sainsbury's to pick up a few things,

I also called into the Moon & Stars to pick up some charity cakes for Diana,

back to Foxgrove Lodge,

walking home it was a warm pleasant summers evening,

time for my evening read and sherry, 'Cheers!', I continued reading Labyrinths by Jorge Francisco Isidoro Luis Borges Acevedo, for tonight The Mirror of Enigmas,

next a few poppadums,

Diana was happy to see her charity cakes, at the pub the staff bake them and then sell them, the proceeds going to charity,

and nice they are too apparently,

a selection of small Indian starters,

eyes down and tuck in,

for my main course king prawn makhani, with chicken tikka masala and pilau rice, note to self, must remember to use a bigger plate!

'Cheers!', after our meal it was feet up for a film, 

for tonight 1917, which we has as it happens watched before, but well worth watching again, after which Diana was off to bed, yet another early start tomorrow, for myself one from Hornblower, before I too was off to bed.


No comments: