Saturday 10 June 2023

I Had A Couple Of Things To Do In Town,

Diana had not yet left for work,

and I wanted to be out and back before she left, so I was out early, it was a hot warm morning,

so a short sleeved summer shirt was the order of the day,

I caught the bus into town, passing the green,

I was soon at the florist, the building being renovated, hence the scaffolding covered in foam,

then over the road to Boots the chemist, to pick up my prescription,

next stop Sainsbury's, Duncan loves his Garibaldi biscuits, this in one of the few stores that stock them, so I bought enough for the rest of the month, 

back home passing Foxgrove Lodge,

the peonies at the front looking so nice,

as were a lot of the flowers in the side garden,

petunias,

double peonies,

this one bi-coloured,

what a glorious afternoon,

after saying goodbye to Diana as she left for work, it was out with the sunbed,

the air filled with the aroma,

of these roses, I started a new book, 

 A Rumour of War by Marine Lieutenant Philip J. Caputo, I had read the book before, but such a long time ago and decided to read it again, it is his personal account of his time in Vietnam, an excellent read, 

suitably browned or I should say reddened by the sun and I was back upstairs and having a read and a sherry, but still reading Labyrinths by Jorge Francisco Isidoro Luis Borges Acevedo, the story I started last time, A New Refutation of Time, I mentioned it is not an easy easy read, as it happens I got sort of bogged down and started the story again,

for my evening meal tonight, liver and bacon,

delicious,

after which I was out again to meet Steve at the club,

which tonight was well attended, lots of tennis players

and a under 16 cricket match taking place,

with Mums & Dads looking on,

"Howzat!" was the cry,

as we were chatting away a bit of a drama, in the far distance a fire,

in someone's back garden, that was getting out of control, sorry about the out of focus shot, anyway fire brigade called, in 3 minuets the fire truck arrived and put out the flames, we later leaned the householder was given a severe talk to for their lack of precautions when having a bonfire, after saying our farewells we both made a move for our homes, after Diana arrived it was a Midsomer Murder before we were off to bed.


No comments: