Thursday 22 June 2023

As Soon As I Posted The Blog,

I was out into a bright sunny day,


and off to the bus stop for my visit to Duncan,

the building plot had not changed since last week,

a few passengers today,

as the bus passed Peter Pans Pool,

and Lewisham market,

arriving at Blackheath village I had beaten the florist to open,

and great news at the station, the 09.31 was running, so no changing trains at Dartford,

the upline to London had just left, so no commuters at the moment,

arriving 50 minutes later I was at Gravesend station and bus hub, and guess who was there?

Alan with a few presents for Duncan,

well I just had to!

off of the bus and up the hill,

and into the nursing home,

the roses many past their best,

but some still putting on a good show,

like these two, Duncan was in fine sprits, I had bought a surge protected plug extension lead, the problem being in his room there are only 2 plug sockets, so if he wants to watch television and use the fan the Amazon fire stick had to be unplugged, and it loses all of the passwords, so now the fire stick can remain permanently plugged in and does not have to have the passwords entered every time he wants to watch anything on the fire stick, we chatted away, Duncan catching up on all Alan and his family had been doing, at about 1.00 Duncan's lunch arrived, so we said our goodbyes and made a move for the bus stop,

another of Alan,

and at the station, he was going to Paddington, 

for myself the 14.04 to Blackheath village,

and here it was,

I walked to the end of the line to be near the exit at Blackheath,

arriving there I took a few photographs of the flowers,

in the now open florists,

a few potted plants,

and cards as well,

on the bus in Lewisham,

I passed the first of the hanging baskets that looked nice that many pubs put out in the summertime,

the bell tower still not finished,

the sunflowers in the beds opposite Lewisham hospital,

 looking nice in the afternoon sun,

on the tops of some of the bus shelters, the bee gardens,

some of the plants now flowering,

but not many bees I am afraid to say,

I decided to walk home through the park for a change,

the mansion in the distance,

no fun fair at the moment,

I took the path that goes behind the pond,

which is starting to be covered with floating plants,

duckweed or azolla I would guess, I did not get close enough to find out which,

left or right?

I chose left,

and started downhill,

passing the wild area that had been planted a few years ago as a project for local schools,

nearly at the gates that stop cars from entering,

the legend about the new woodland area,

and there it is,

not many visitors today,

I will put the dates in our diary just in case we fancy visiting,

past some of the house in the park,

the snail mail box, nearly home,

where the scaffolders had been really busy,

the house now surrounded by scaffolding,

none here yesterday, now almost finished,

I am guessing in a few days,

all will be completed

and the remedial work on the building can start,

the corner over the bin room,

one of the happy crew, always smiling, 

I watched a few documentaries in the afternoon, before my read and sherry,

a 'Cheers!', as I tucked into a cottage pie, 

in the evening I watched Jurassic Park, which I have to admit I have watched before, I would have normally watched a couple of quiz shows, but they were cancelled for some horse event, after which a Lewis as Diana arrived home from work, so a coffee and a chat it was as we rounded off the evening with a New Tricks, before we were off to bed.


No comments: