Saturday 24 June 2023

I Accompanied Diana To The Bus Stop,

as she was on late shift today,


a quick photograph,

or two!

it was a warm day, but overcast, on the way to the bus stop Diana had to drop off a parcel,

I had seen these boxes before, this one is at the station, you print a label, scan it at the machine and pop it into a box to be delivered, it saves going to the post office and you do not have to pay postage, what a neat idea, but it fell at the first hurdle, all of the boxes were full, so Diana gave me the package to take home as she did not want to have to take it to work and back home,

we walked to the bus stop on the green, I caught a number 54 to the shop whilst Diana's bus to work was a tad later, 

before going into the shop I had a look at the antique shop next to the bus stop,

lots of glass ornaments on display today,

not a antique but certainly different!

so many bits and pieces to look at,

over the road to Kingfisheries, I dropped off some printing and had a chat with Carl and Graham,

back onto the number 54 alighting at Homebase,

I wanted to pick up a few bits and pieces, 

and have a look around as well,

roll your own turf, 

lots of bedding plants, all outside, 

looking at the indoor selection,

I noticed these grafted cactus,

and violets,

inside so many aids to the perfect garden,

I bimbled into the plant section,

and what a display,

these chrysanthemums looking so nice,

with their bi-coloured petals,

as well as the dahlias,

at the end of this display,

so many colours, 

in the outdoor section,

everything from hanging baskets


these always seem to be popular, olive trees,

looking at the trunk of this one it must be of an age,

lots of Japanese maples,

and of course bamboos,

this black bamboo, (Phyllostachys nigra), one of my favourites,

a good show of fuchsias too, 

the flower of each plant,

looking just slightly different,

from its neighbour,

there must be hundreds of permeations of the flowers,

and some have been made into dwarf examples of them,

this African lily Gazania, via. tiger stripe, looking so bright, next I picked up a few things,

and started my walk back home, 

through the park gates and the never ending water leak, the road here has been dug up do many times trying to repair it, in all of the years I have been visiting Duncan and many more before then,

there has always been a water leak here, and thousands of gallons are still going to waste, this is the bit you can see, a few feet underground where the pipe is there must be so much water leaking out to push this stream to the surface, and the waterboard say do not waste water!

onto the path up the hill,

passing the courtyard,

and the manor house,

on my way downhill to home,

the skies had by now cleared and it was really hot,

being a weekday no picnickers in sight,

past the snail mail box and home, then time for a bit of work, I had noticed that the trees at the rear of our car had overgrown it,

so out with the secateurs and branch cutters,

the holly and other bushes,

had in just a month or so since we last used it,

really overgrown the car, I could not see the boot of the car!

so cut and pull the vegetation off, which was easier said than done, there was so much ivy and her sister poison holding all of the branches together, even after I cut the branches,

that is better I can now see all of the car, a job for the car wash crew next time we go out! next wash all of the bits and pieces off of me, even though I wore gloves they did not go up my arms, I was scratched to pieces!

time for my evening read, sans the sherry tonight, as soon as I finish my meal I will be out,

for tonight Diana had bought me a lamb hotpot, 

I was soon on my way to the club to meet Steve,

now the hot weather is here the tennis courts put to good use,

as too were the cricket nets,

and the drinkers also taking advantage of the warm evening, 

as did Steve and myself, we chatted the night away before saying our goodbyes, arriving home Diana had not yet arrived, but did shortly afterwards, so a coffee for Diana, a spiced rum nightcap for myself as we watched a New Tricks, before we were both off to bed.


No comments: