Tuesday 27 June 2023

Why Am I Never At The Front Of The Queue,

when luck like this is given out?


photograph Nancy Cavaliere, thrift store enthusiast Nancy Cavaliere discovered some interesting-looking ceramics that was being sold for $1.99 per plate. “I stumbled on the plates during my daily trip to the store,” Cavaliere told Newsweek. “On my way out I noticed some new china had been added to the shelves. My first reaction was that they would make a great tablescape, but then I turned them over and saw the Picasso tag.” the plates were fascinating and cheap enough for her, so she checked out and ran back to her office to do some research. It turns out that the plates she got were part of a large set of ceramics that the famed artist did during his time, and now the good bit, they were initially expecting to only sell for around $4,000 each, but went for over $10,000 each instead. “It was absolutely bananas,” Cavaliere said. “I was watching the auction from the office ‘screaming crying throwing up.'” and I have answered my own question, I am always at the back of the queue when this sort of thing happens!


No comments: