Friday 16 June 2023

Diana Was At Work,

I was off to the shop,


again it was a nice warm day,

with some wispy cloud as I made my way to the number 54 bus stop, alighting at Cromwell Road, 

I had to have a look at the antiques shop next to the bus stop,

from clothes,

to cupboards,

they were all at This 'N' That,

inside a couple of nearly life sized,

dolls if you would call them that,

next over the road to Kingfisheries, to have a chat with the guys and drop of some printing, 

photograph TufKut BIP I then called into Wanted Music, and bought a few CDs,  

next across the road,

walking through the park and I was soon home,

looking at my purchases, 

including this one that was still in its original shrink wrap, 11 CDs in all, the total was £7.00, all coasting .50p or £1.00 each, they might all be rubbish, but they are my rubbish, no fees to copy them to my computer and then my telephone, I made up a play list and I am listening to the start of them now Dido, Life for Rent, which as it happens I am enjoying, hopefully there will be some other hidden or forgotten by many gems in the ones I have bought, in the evening after my meal I watched Discovering Sfi-Fi on Film, where three experts looked at their rating of the best Sci-Fi films, their choice included these:

Things to Come
Silent Running
War of the Worlds
The Abyss
Solaris
Soylent Green
The Time Machine
The Thing
Minority Report
ET The Extra-Terrestrial
Alien
Forbidden Planet
Contact
The Fifth Element
Westworld
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Planet of the Apes
Metropolis
Back to The Future
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
The Matrix
A Space Odyssey
Blade Runner
Terminator 2
Close Encounters of the Third Kind

of which there were only 2 I had not seen, E.T. and Solaris,

so what better than next than to watch a Sfi-Fi film? and here it is, released in 1953, Planet Outlaws, great, but very dated fun,

I followed that with a favourite that I had watched a few times before, Big Fish, the story told by Albert Finney, who has such a deep pleasant voice and as with most stories on each listening the story gets so much better, if you have watched the film you will know what I mean, if not rent, buy, steal, whatever and treat yourself to a master story teller recounting has life, a wonderful film, after which Diana returned laden down with shopping, so a coffee and a chat before a Midsomer Murder when we were then of to bed.


No comments: