Thursday 8 June 2023

Wednesday,

and I was off to visit Duncan,


I was going to wear a summer jacket, but thankfully I put a fleece on, it was so cold outside,

the number 54 bus was early, and I was soon speeding past Peter Pan's Pool,

in the centre of the island a elderberry was putting on a good show,

but then a bit of a stop, which was thankfully quick,

past the gayly painted pub in Catford,

the market up and running in Lewisham,

I arrived in Blackheath early, the florist had not yet opened,

and in some good news, the 09.31 was running and on time,

the platform going to town nearly empty,

filling up,

and then nearly empty again,

arriving at Gravesend it was quite chilly,

up the hill to the nursing home where Duncan lives,

nothing but grey skies,

the roses still making the air so nice,

some looking really nice,

like these,

but I fear their days are numbered,

some already well past their best, Duncan was in fine sprits, we chatted away, as it happened the television was on with a feature about the latest Royal court case, we both admitted neither of us really understood what is was all about, I left as Duncan's lunch arrived,

in those 2 hours what a change in the weather,

blue skies behind the apple tree,

but no sign of any apples, 

I was soon at Blackheath station, the florists next door,

had a good show of potted,

and cut flowers,

lots of them,

the bus stopped just by the entrance of the building that never seems to be finished,

looking up, more work needed!

and still they were working on the bell tower,

the bee gardens on top of the bus shelter,

looking a bit the worse for wear, they were so dry,

into the park,

and there she was waiting for me, Diana had seen me in the distance and waited for me to catch her up on her way back from work,

I was still reading Labyrinths by Jorge Francisco Isidoro Luis Borges Acevedo, the story I started last time, A New Refutation of Time, is not an easy easy read,

next our seafood feast from RX Fisheries we bought yesterday in Hastings,

and what a feast it was! 

'Cheers!',

for dessert a sticky toffee pudding with fresh cream, we were full to bursting! we watched a Lewis that happened to be playing on ITVX followed by one from Midsomer Murders and as Diana has a early start we were then off to bed.


No comments: