Saturday 17 June 2023

I Had A Lazy Day,

but the crew putting up the scaffolding did not,


I was amazed at how quickly the next part of the rear of the building took shape, and in the blazing heat!

planks were brought from the front of the house,

and stacked ready for the next floor,

meanwhile for myself 20 minutes each side,

and I was undercover, 

reading A Rumour of War,

by Marine Lieutenant Philip J. Caputo, and what a great read it is,

I then made a move to the front of the building where all of this had been started, they will be back on Monday, and in case any of them are reading this, the sunglasses are in the hall!

upstairs after a shower and shave it was time for my evening read, 

'Cheers!', as I tucked into a butter chicken and rice,

then out into a rather pleasant evening,

not a cloud in the sky,

I soon arrived at the Moon & Stars with the help of a 227 bus, meeting Steve we chatted the night away, after saying our goodbyes, back on the bus,

and a walk past the graveyard,

and Beckenham Green,

whist at the pub I bought Diana these, they are made by the staff, the money collected from them goes to the Children's Liver Disease Foundation, Diana arrived home shortly after myself, so a coffee and a chat it was, after which as Diana is on early shift tomorrow, we were off to bed.


No comments: