Tuesday 20 June 2023

One Film I Enjoyed A Few Years Ago,

so much so I have watched it a few times, 


was Wes Anderson's The Grand Budapest Hotel, I have made a number of posts about it here, well Wes has another film about to be released that we will be going to watch, 

 titled Asteroid City,

all image credits: Courtesy of Universal Pictures UK

the film is set sometime in the mid-1950s in a US desert town called Asteroid City, so named because 3,000 years ago this was the site of a meteorite landing,

the film stars Anderson regulars including Tilda Swinton, Willem Dafoe, Adrien Brody, Jeff Goldblum and Jason Schwartzman, alongside newly inducted Scarlett Johansson, Margot Robbie, Tom Hanks and Steve Carrell,

I just like the pastel shades used in the film,

that some how reminds me so much of America at the time, I have no reason why I should think this,

what a great series of dispensing machines, it is so way out, ammunition! it is as mad as a heroin vending machine!

a look behind the sets is amazing,

the outskirts of the Spanish mediaeval town of Chinchón takes a star turn as the American southwest, where a farm field was flattened to make way for an immersive, functioning mini-town designed by Anderson’s long-time collaborator Adam Stockhausen,

looking at the trailer above like The Grand Budapest Hotel, you will either love it or hate it, nothing in-between, and I know I will love it!


No comments: