Tuesday 20 June 2023

I Had What I Knew Was Going To Be A Frustrating Day,

BT (British Telephone) many weeks ago had made an appointment to telephone me,


regarding the change over to them from Daisey, our present telephone line supplier at the shop, you might remember this saga started in January!, 15 minutes before the call I received a reminder that they would call, my telephone rung once and that was that, I then received a text message that they called but I did not pick up, I should mention that the system my mobile telephone is on is EE, and it is total rubbish, not receiving calls is the norm, I have complained to EE, but to no avail, and there is the problem, I called BT back and started my wait in a queue, as soon as I started to give them the reference number for their call the signal for my telephone dropped out, repeatedly, all afternoon this went on, until I finally completed a call, the person that needed to speak to me was on other calls, but he will call back tomorrow, and hopefully this time we can, EE willing, talk to each other, as I put my mobile down the cramps in my arm really ached for holding it for so long, the time? 5.04 in the afternoon! what a farce, but then in the morning I just knew it would be, 

Diana was home after work so after our evening meal as Diana has a birthday at the end of the month and a few consecutive days off, we started looking for somewhere for a short break, three nights, but what a surprise, hotel prices had risen so much, from the £70 - £80 a night we were used to, the norm is now £120 - £150 a night! and it got worst when we looked a train fairs, we looked at Torquay, it is too far away to comfortably drive,

Departs at
07:55
Beckenham Junction [BKJ]Platform 2
4h 22m
Arrives 
12:17
Torquay [TQY]

and that is each! at this moment in time it is just too much, bearing in mind we will be eating out for every meal, plus travel expenses to visit the attractions there, so no short breaks for us, we will just have days out depending on the weather, after all of that it was a Endeavour after which we were off to bed.



No comments: