Wednesday 28 June 2023

I Am Only Making One Post Today,

as soon as I have posted it I will be off to visit Duncan, 


back to Tuesday, out into a warm grey day,

when I say grey,

rainclouds were looming,

everywhere, I hoped I would beat the rain back home,

first stop, the station, joy of joys it was open!

behind the counter, a couple of aquariums,

both well looked after,

tickets for the next month purchased to visit Duncan on Wednesdays, next past the green,

and church, I wanted to go to the cash machine, the one in Lloyds bank now long gone, along with the one in Barclays, both banks turning their backs on so many loyal customers, so Nat West it was, 

walking back past Foxgrove Lodge, 

a new pot of flowers,

I thought at first geraniums, but now I am not quite sure,

the wisteria over the lodge now having a second flowering, nowhere near as many as the first,

many of the plants in the side garden now finished flowering, thankfully it did not rain, in the afternoon the fun began, the service from EE my call provider had reached an all time low, I had registered a complaint before, the local mast was checked and it was fine, but my signal was not, long story short, yet another afternoon on a queue to be answered, a official look at the problem and a complaint number given, as I am out on Wednesday and Thursday they will call back on Friday, I wait with baited breath! after my evening meal Diana returned home with some great news from the Philippines,

Sandio her younger brother,

had passed his exams in both Major and

Structural Engineering, a big WELL DONE Sandio! after which it was feet up for a Endeavour followed on ITVX a Midsomer Murder, before we were both off to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Dear Stanley and Diana -
Diana, congratulations on your brother’s great accomplishments passing his structural engineering tests. This required a tremendous amount of focus and concentration to complete such a difficult task.
Always great to have family members improve their earning power and secure their ability to lift themselves up economically from the normal people. That is how wealthy people start their careers, working hard to get a solid education that they can use to propel themselves in high paying positions. Wonderful news, you and your family should be very proud!!!!
Regards
John and Alley

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, as you might imagine the whole family are as pleased as Punch, is that an American phrase? I use it often but thinking about it the phrase is not used much by youngsters over here now I guess, but in any event we are all so proud of him and his achievement, hopefully it will lead to a better life for him earning more than unskilled people, it was not easy, all of the family chipped in, but so worth it now, best regards Stan and Diana.