Monday 12 June 2023

We Had A Lazy Morning,

as Diana prepared our Sunday lunch,


for myself a sherry and a read, I finished the last few one page stories in Labyrinths by Jorge Francisco Isidoro Luis Borges Acevedo,

and continued reading  A Rumour of War by Marine Lieutenant Philip J. Caputo, that I had started to read in the garden last week, I am really enjoying reading it,

time for our starters, squid and scampi with salad for Diana,

sans the squid for myself, I am not a great fan of squid,

'Cheers!',

on to our main course, roast pork with crackling, which was delicious,

sans gravy for myself,

eyes down and tuck in,

for dessert a blond Belgium chocolate ganache pot,

which was a nice way to round off the meal,

in the afternoon what better than a James Bond? today Diamonds Are Forever

in the evening Space Cowboys, it was released in 2000, but we somehow seemed to have missed it, as it happens it was quite enjoyable, although it seemed a tad long but there it is, after that we had a early night, tomorrow Diana is on early shift, so with that we were off to bed.


No comments: