Friday 2 June 2023

I Had A Couple Of Things To Do,

whilst Diana was at work,


firstly at midday with Steph test the newly installed fire alarm, all went well with green lights across the board, next in the basement where the gas and electric meters are kept, the board that the electric meters and the wiring on it needs to be replaced, the flat owners of which I am one, have so far received 2 quotes, one for £10,000 and one for £14,000, for the third quote the company firstly wanted to make sure that each flat was wired to the meter as labelled in the cellar, which sounds strange but is not a bad idea, when I first moved here in the early 1980s the occupiers in one flat moved out and had the electricity turned off, the problem was my flat was plunged into darkness! the labels in the cellar for the meters were not correct, the next day all was sorted but for 4 years we were paying each others electricity bills!, the method of testing was so neat, the appliance above plugged into a socket each flat, in this case the communal supply, a signal was sent to the other technician in the cellar and hey presto, each flat had its meter wired correctly, all was well, so a quotation from the third company will be received in due course, more expense!

I logged onto World of Battleships, only to find that as I had not subscribed to Amazon Prime I had lost all of the credits, or doubloons as they are called that I had earned since starting to play the game, but all was not lost, I received a email from World of Battleships, showing some of the advantages of joining Prime, I could buy extra doubloons,

in fact I was amazed at the number of ways,

I could buy more extras, pages of them, I think I will stick to the basic free game and call it a day at that, as it happens I have a great idea about one of these games that I suspect would make a fortune, all I need is someone who knows how to set up a site like World of Battleships and let it make the game writer and myself a fortune! in the afternoon after Diana arrived home and our evening meal, it was feet up for a couple of Midsomer Murders, after which Diana went to bed, another early start tomorrow, I stayed up for one more from Hornblower, before I too was off to bed.


No comments: