Thursday 15 June 2023

As Soon As I Posted The Blog,

I was out into a bright sunny day,


it was going to be a hot one,

clear blue skies, and not a breath of wind, I was off to visit Duncan,

the bus stopped at this new building site, for as long as I can remember this plot was a waste land, but it is now being developed,

past Peter Pans Pool

the bus was early, and crowded,

Lewisham market open for business,

but I had beaten the florists in opening,

great news at the station, no changing at Dartford, the 09.31 was running and on time,

the train had just left on the other platform taking commuters to London,

in 50 minutes or so I was at Gravesend,

opposite the 483 bus stop,

the hanging baskets had their first few flowers,

off of the bus and up the hill,

and towards the nursing home where Duncan stays,

the roses filling the air with their aroma,

and putting on a good show,

like these, 

the red of this one so intense, arriving inside the maintenance gentleman that works there got the Amazon Firestick that Duncan had for his birthday was working, every time it is unplugged it has to be reloaded with the homes password, so we watched a couple of videos that Diana had made, 

of our trip whilst in Santorini on a boat, fast forwarding every now and then,

and in a polar opposite, our trip to Finland, we skipped a bit of this one as well as it took some time for the queue of sledges to start, great fun, we then looked at a few videos of Pattaya where Duncan and myself had so many holidays, when Duncan's lunch arrived we said our farewells and I made a move for the bus stop and station,

still clear blue skies,

and still no sign of any apples, 

off of the bus and not a long wait for the 14.04, and no changing trains in Dartford,

and here it is,

I walked to the end of the train as at Blackheath it is the nearest to the exit of the station,

and for the train the end of the line,

at the florists in Blackheath Village,

some more sunflowers, at £7.95 each,

and a couple of nice hanging baskets,

along with a few potted plants, onto the number 54 bus,

passing the building that still has scaffolding to its clock tower,

I mentioned the price of sunflowers earlier,

the four or five beds of them here must have cost a fortune!

a bit of bad news for the bee gardens on roof tops,

it has been so dry,

that on many of them,

areas are drying out,

like this one,

hopefully they will be replanted for later this year,

I passed Foxgrove Lodge on the bus,

and O'Neill's, 

the green,

alighting here at Lidl,

I had a few things to buy, 

I was soon arriving home, it was after 5.00 in the afternoon,

so the scaffolders had all left,

I had a look around at their work,

I was amazed at how much had been done,

all of the rear had its first and second floor completed,

it was soon time for my evening read and sherry, 

I had bought some oak smoked Scottish loch trout as a change from smoked salmon along with some coleslaw for my starter,

'Cheers!',

I remembered a bigger plate for my beef in black bean sauce with chicken curry and rice! after which it was a Outback Opal Hunters followed by a Antiques Road Trip and a Lewis before Diana returned home from work, after a coffee and a chat it was feet up for a Midsomer Murder before we were off to bed.


No comments: