Thursday 15 March 2018

Day 42,

we awoke to another glorious day,


it looked like it was going to be a hot one,

I just hope the slight cloud burns away as the day warms,

first,

a light breakfast,

then out for a walk,

Diana did not spot it, but I did,

and this is where we are going, the Museum of Prehistoric Thera, it is located in Fira, 

and was built on the site of the old Ypapanti Church which was destroyed in the 1956 Amorgos earthquake,

I did not take any pictures of the exhibits, inside there was nobody to ask and rather than take some pictures I preferred not to unless someone said it was alright to do so, but here is the official photograph web site

we continued our walk around the town,

stopping,

here and,

there to take a few more for the family album,

looking down the sea still nice and calm,

I noticed these succulents,

growing in a window box, which seem to be growing in the cold of winter and the heat of summer with no problems at all, you may remember I mention heart-stopping photographs, well here they are,

for some reason this thrill seeker, decided to balance on the edge of this piece of glass,

imagine if the glass broke, he would either fall 15 or 20 feet on one side or just a few feet on the other side, but both of those scenarios do not take into account that if the glass did break he could be impaled on the pieces of glass still left in the frame, it makes me shudder just thinking about it!

we decided to have a break, here at Classico,

with it's beautiful views over the bay,

an ice coffee for Diana,

and a glass of bubbly for myself,

the view looking to the right,

if you miss the sign outside this is the side of the building,

I tried to hide it from her, but as soon as she saw it she was in tears, McDonald's, but it was shut for the winter, 'Oh dear, how sad, never mind', the quote from Battery Sergeant Major 'Shut up' Williams in a scene from It Ain't Half Hot Mum, an old series but still one of my favorite shows from my youth,

then a local came to the rescue,

and cheered Diana up,

there are so many cats here, and all of them are so friendly,

Diana now has a new favorite car,


and then we found another one in blue,

we made our way downstairs,

past the boat,

to our room, as Diana got ready for our evening meal,

I wrapped up warm and read my Kindle,

then we were out, walking down the hill nearly into town,

we stopped off at the Taverna Simos,

it looks like we are outside, but it only looks that way because a couple of trees are growing inside the restaurant,

bread with vinegar and oil to snack on,

for our starters mussels, 

for Diana and lots of them,

 a salad for myself,

on to the main course, chicken cordon bleu for Diana,

and for myself prawns,

that were huge,

a very happy Diana,

and a very happy me, 'Cheers!',

for desserts a sponge laced with maple syrup and drizzled with chocolate, what a way to end a truly excellent meal,

we were so full, we made our way back to our room and we were off to bed.


No comments: