Saturday 17 March 2018

Day 48,

no trip to the UK, would be complete,


without popping down to see Chris and Wannie,

the Beach Road was deserted, today there has been a half Marathon run,

so many of the roads were closed,

fish and chips, we were definatly in Brighton,

and we were blessed with blue skies,

although it was still cold,

onto the pier we went,

looking along the beach,

we noticed new for this visit, a zip line tower, the line running parallel to the sea,

a pose,

or two,

it was such a beautiful day,

we made our way to the funfair,

and had a bite to eat,

I asked if anyone wanted a ride,

but there were no takers,

I have to say this one looked scary dairy indeed!

looking towards the observation tower and the old wrecked pier,

Diana's favorite,

freshly made sugared doughnuts,

I zoomed into the tower, the observation platform at ground level,


Diana happy with her doughnuts,

the arches where I am told boats and winches to haul them ashore used to be kept,

the observation tower nearly at the top of the column,

a couple of poses from me,

notice who is carrying all of the gear,

and one from Diana,

a final look at the West pier,

I have to mention, I was so looking forward to a few plates of cockles and whelks,

but alas the only seafood place on the pier was closed,

next stop for us, The Lanes,
looking at some of the strange buildings on the way, like the Black Lion,

and I just had to call in here,

where I made a couple of purchases, I will do a post about my stamps when I have caught up with the UK posts,


we entered The Lanes,

with it's quaint shop windows,

every so often there is a square for dinning, but a bit cold today,

we continued exploring,

and found this old bookshop, with the Internet I am surprised there are still shops like this,

in the ares, lots of cafes,

and pubs like The Victory Inn,

there are also so many one off shops,

like these,

in the lanes themselves there are lots of jewellers,

and this unique shop,


selling, yes you guessed it,

rubber ducks,

we found another seating area,

then back into The Lanes,

did I mention jewellry shops?

well there are lots of them,

this look a bit sinister, The Original House of Correction

built in 1835, but if you go the the link the sign might be a little confusing,

more jewellery shops,

now this is a shop that I like, but it was closed,


it is a chocolate shop,

and uses chocolate,

to make fantastical sculptures,

like this one,

we fancied a coffee so we called in here,

we made a move back to the car, when I noticed the wind farm,

so I zoomed in to take a look, they must be so efficient, supplying Brighton with so much nearly free electricity, and how do I know they are efficient? I counted them, less than half we were working so that means the ones that working are produce lots of electricity, I wonder what happens when there is no wind?

sunset,

as we parked up in the Brighton Marina,

a quick pose by the boats,

and we were here, Memories of India,

and here we were,

looking down into the street below,

the place was so nicely laid out,

a selfie of us,

Chris and Wannie,

also joining us John and Lucy,

Steve, behave!

'Cheers!',

we all chatted the night away, what a wonderful day, it was so nice meeting all of our friends on this huge trip that we have been on,

we said our farewells and Steve very kindly drove us home to Beckenham where after a nightcap we were off to bed.


No comments: