Saturday 22 August 2020

You May Remember I Cancelled My Credit Card,

as I had lost it, along with my cricket club card,


whilst cancelling it on the telephone I was promised a new card in the post and it arrived, but they sent me Diana's one! why does this sort of thing always happen to me? so off out of the park to the bank, where they were extremely helpful and apologetic, new card ordered, hopefully this time for me! I also had a parcel to post for Diana, then on to the 227 to Bromley,

arriving I walked to the market square,

and was surprised, as it was a Friday, to find no food stalls outside of Primark,

there were a few stalls further down the precinct,

just this one in the square,

but this was the shop I was here for, I had telephoned before leaving home, to make sure Master Jeweler Daniel was in, I had a commission for him, and here is the good news, a cup of coffee in the Glades whilst I waited, and the job was done!, more of that later,

I made my way back home,

and walked through Beckenham Green, to give it it's proper name,

the hanging baskets still putting on a good show,

arriving home I had a look at Daniels work, although winter is a long way off, I will be wearing a waistcoat, I have to admit I do feel the cold, but back to the above, what better to go with a waistcoat? my grandfathers watch and chain, it is a fetter and three, the job Daniel had was to place a half sovereign in a holder and make the extra link to attach the half sovereign to the original chain, as it happens the coin is dated 1912, the year of my mothers birth, the job completed, well done Daniel, now I have to look forward to my Christmas present from Diana, and yes you guessed it, a waistcoat!

after finishing work, Diana had arranged to meet a work colleague and friend for a evening meal,

at Nando's in Bromley,

and this is some of what they ordered,

Diana's work colleague Wilma,

Diana,

and Viera,

for myself, a selection of Italian slice meats with chicken and ham, plus some cheese, biscuits, silver skin onions and gherkins,

delicious, now tuck in!

I had a trip to the cricket club along with Steve,

where a game was in progress,

all ready for a six, there is something quintessentially English about the thwack of leather on willow,

 if only I had known, the club had a bar-b-q as well as the kitchen open for evening meals, if we go again next week I will telephone first to see if it will be there next week, one of the very few things I miss about Thailand, is our bar-b-q's we used to have on a Saturday evening, Steve and myself chatted the night away, after saying our farewells I arrived home to join Diana for one from Silent Witness before we were off to bed.


No comments: