Thursday, 17 September 2026

After Dropping Off Diana At Work,

I had a quiet day,

I watched a number of YouTube videos, about photography in Namibia and about my camera, which I have to admit I am getting more familiar with now, but I am still only using a fraction of the options/programs/selections on it, on to my evening read and milk, yes a meeting of the Beckenham Photographic Society, so I will be driving there this evening and afterwards picking up Diana from work, 

'Cheers!', with a glass of milk as I tuck into some smoked lake trout, 

 in the evening off to the club, I entered 2 photographs for the up coming competition next week, above titled, 'Industrial size art', 

and this one, 'Three couples, two waiters and a cat', both taken in Lisbon, the rubber tree, as we know it (Ficus Elastica), that we keep in our homes here is huge, 

last week at the club I joined Brian's studio workshop, one of the members printed off some of the results for each of us to keep, many thanks for that, basically Brian was showing us how to start with a modestly priced reflector the harshness of a direct flash can be tempered, the reflector he used was a slide projector screen, now a thing of the past but readily available for £10.00 or so in charity shops or a tad more on eBay, the results, bearing in mind this was just 45 minute workshop, were remarkably good, and with some fine tunning would be excellent, back to this evening, a speaker, Julie Andrew LRPS taking us all through the art of Macro photography and focus stacking, I took a few photographs of the main items, they are all pretty much self explanatory, so I will not comment on each one, it was just a shame I was on one side of the screen, so they are not presented well, but there it is,

and here is Julia presenting her talk, 




















it was all so interesting, especially as it appears my camera has a self stacking programme, at over 400 pages the camera's users guide I downloaded for the camera, means that I have barely scratched the surface of what my camera will do, so macro photography and focus stacking will commence over the next few weeks! as soon as the meeting was finished I was off to pick up Diana from work, arriving home a coffee and a chat, well a spiced rum for myself, as we watched a Bangers & Cash before we were off to bed.


No comments: