Saturday, 19 September 2026

First Thing,

I was out,


into a nice bright day, on to a number 354 bus to Bromley,  

where it took a diversion due to road works, so a walk back past the Swan & Mitre, 

which was quite serendipitous, I passed the fruit and vegetable shop I do not normally walk past when I go to Bromley, and there they were,

the first of the years chestnuts, one kilo later and I was on my way,

past the now empty art deco cinema, 

and The Partridge,

lots of stalls, 

as today was Friday, 

the haberdasher here as well,

into Lidl, stocks of spiced rum dangerously low, then back home, in the afternoon I dropped Diana off at work as she has a late shift today, for myself some Saturday afternoon television, 

which brought me up to my read and sherry, 

and a huge king prawn salad which Diana had made for me, 'Cheers!', for tonight's entertainment I continued with, 

The Blue Max, and very enjoyable it was too, then a bit of a surprise, some time ago I bought a black & white movie, the 1953 version of,

Titanic, I had never watched it before, and I have to say it was remarkably good, a different story line to the latest version of the tragedy, from the blurb:

"Unhappily married and uncomfortable with life among the British upper crust, Julia Sturges takes her two children and boards the RMS Titanic for America. Her husband, Richard, also arranges passage on the doomed luxury liner in order to allow him to have custody of their two children, Annette and Norman. Meanwhile, Annette begins a romance with a young American college student and tennis player, Gifford Rogers. Unfortunately, their family problems soon seem minor when the Titanic strikes an iceberg".

after which Diana arrived home, so feet up for a coffee for Diana and a spiced rum for myself, as we watched a Have I Got A Bit More News For You, followed by a Bangers & Cash before we were off to bed.


No comments: