Friday, 25 September 2026

I Had My Day Planned Out,

after I dropped Diana off to work,


but it all went mustang, firstly I was going to pay for the quote to insure my camera and lenses for my upcoming trip, but, when I looked at the quotation it gave me no way of paying it, so email the company, only to receive:

Hi stanley,
Thanks for reaching out!
Your request (458475) has been received, and one of our team members will get back to you as soon as possible.
🚨 Important: To ensure you keep your place in the queue, please avoid sending additional replies before we respond. Each new message moves your ticket to the back of the line, which may delay our response.
We appreciate your patience and will be with you shortly!
Best regards

no reply yesterday and so far none today, next I had decided to give my new laptop, bought for the trip a battery charge and make sure all was well, as it happens it was not! for some reason it refused to acknowledge that it already had been configured to have the Internet working on it, and also it did not recognise that it already had Microsoft Word installed on it, all it kept doing was tell me I had to buy a new licence for Microsoft Word and connect it to the Internet to do so, which of course I could not, as you can see from here when I bought it in August all was working well, so I kept trying to get it to work, eventually, suddenly the Internet opened and there was Word!, I have to say I now have no confidence at all in my brand new £300+ MSI laptop, I just hope it does not let me down like this when I need it on my upcoming Namibian trip, by now it was time for my evening meal, after which a Outback Opal Hunters and for a change a Deadliest Catch, then a treat, I was going to finish, 

The Last Duel, I finished what was left of the last half, so enjoyable, this is what I commented when I first started watching it, from the blurb:

"Based on the true story of France's last trial by combat in the Middle Ages. Knight Jean de Carrouges challenges his former friend Jacques Le Gris to a duel after Jean's wife Marguerite accuses Le Gris of rape. Told in three "Rashomon-style" points of view"

the storyline, acting, characters, sets and selection of cast could not have been better a truly enjoyable film, but as I mentioned I stopped part way through watching the film for two reasons, firstly I wanted to watch a Midsomer Murder, and also as it finished I was going to be out to pick up Diana after her late shift, so I am looking forward to the second half tonight, and I can not be the only one that thought it was a enjoyable film it had 5 wins and around 44 nominations from various critics associations and award bodies, and with this cast:

· Harriet Walter as Nicole de Buchard
· Serena Kennedy as Queen Isabeau
· Marton Csokas as Crespin

I think it was a given that it was going to be good, but somehow back in 2021 we managed to miss it being released, there it is, must look out for new films more diligently! f you have not yet watched The Last Duel and you like period drama/action films this one is a must see, I followed that with,

 Gladiator II, the basic story is that after his home is conquered by the tyrannical emperors who now lead Rome, Lucius is forced to enter the Colosseum and must look to his past to find strength to return the glory of Rome to its people, we had watched the film once before at the cinema, but I fancied watching it again, before it finished, my alarm sounded, time to pick up Diana from her late shift, arriving home it was feet up for a coffee and a chat, also to apply for my visa for Namibia, after a bit of faffing around, the visa was issued and I printed it off, it has to physically be shown on entering the country, pity we are totally incapable of following Nambiar in this for the UK, showing a visa before entering, but then they have a much more advanced system than the UK in place to make sure illegals do not enter, after which it was a Bangers & Cash before we were off to bed.


No comments: