Friday, 28 October 2016

We Were Up Early,

and off to go fishing,

with Nick and Maureen, it had been raining during the night, but thankfully stopped when we arrived at the lake,

 having said that the sky looked ominous,

first fish of the day to Nick, 

 a catfish, commonly called a walking catfish, (Clarias batrachus), as it does 'walk' in wet conditions to find new pools, it is an invasive species but is commercially farmed in Thailand,

 a rumble of thunder in the distance as more clouds came our way,

 but it did not worry us, by now Nick had a lead of 6-3, 

 another one for myself to make it 6-4 to Nick,

 and here is one we caught earlier, 

 I had now gained a comfortable lead over Nick, so he changed tactics and went for the big ones,

 but as I said, 'it still only counts as one!', 

 it was a big fish and took some time to land,

 meanwhile I continued to catch smaller fish for us to take home for the kittens,

 Nick caught a second huge fish, 

and here is a video that Diana made of it, then it was time to reckon the score, I have to say it, I won by a considerable margin, but here is the strange thing, I had tied some hooks the night before, so we were both using exactly the same hooks, hook line and bait, if you fancy a day out the Paifon Fishing Park is off of Soi Nub Plan Wan, (spelt as it sounds), turn into the Soi from Sukhumvitt, once in the Soi go over the railway crossing and continue for a couple of miles, the road starts to go downhill, near the bottom of it you will see a big pink building on the left where we normally turn right into the old fishing park, do not turn right, keep going until you see Soi 24 and turn right, there is a 7-11 on the corner, continue for about a mile it is past Soi 14, the concrete road comes to a strange cross road, 

take the one with the sign on it and the park is on the right hand side,

  after fishing we popped into Kick and Maureen's for coffee and cake,  

 behind the pool a banana was flowering, 

so in a few weeks fresh home grown bananas to snack on,then after thanking them made a move for home, 

after our evening meal Barry called by for a glass or two and a chat, after saying our goodbyes it was feet up for some more of the excellent 3rd Rock From The Sun, we had an early night, at about 11.30 we were off to bed.

No comments: