Thursday 4 September 2008

Afternoon out

last night we went out as usual, called in to see Tom at Sisterz, then to see Nick and Maureen in Maureen's bar and to round the evening off Juu in Champions, whist we were there Juu invited us round for a game of pool today and a bite to eat, as usual I lost every game, no change there then! Diana watching some Television after the game,

whilst we were there I had a look at Juu's fish, the most imprssive were 2 Arapaima gigas, I gave Juu one for a birthday present two and a half years ago, Juu then bought another one as he thought one would be lonley, there were both about 8", now they weigh over 55 kilos each, in the wild they can grow to over 200 kilos, but due to over fishing they are seldom that size now, I will put a few things in my blog about them in the next few days as they and Pangasius gigas are both vieing to be the biggest freshwater fish in the word, (but the Pangasius gigas spends some of it's life in saltwater) anyway more of that later,

a bit difficult to see but they are about one and a half meters long,

one other thing I noticed is that all of Juu's palms are having seeds appear, so I made a point of looking at palms on the way home and sure enough all of the palms I saw were bearing seeds, must be the time of the year.

Off out again tonight, we have been invited to Valantino's new restaurant on the hill near Bruno's, as it is their opening night, I just hope the condo that collapsed this afternoon does not make getting there difficult, then on to see Tom at Sisterz as it is their 1 year birthday party.

No comments: