Tuesday 24 December 2019

There Is One Thing Through My Life,

I have constantly suffered from,


bad teeth, as a child I had so many fillings, that progressively got bigger and bigger as they became loose and had to be replaced, so I found this already 10 year old study interesting, Dr. Jeremy Mao and his team at Columbia University have come up with an interesting technique for dental implants that could significantly cut the time needed and provide a more comfortable way for implants to be fitted, the group believe that they've found a way to have the body’s stem cells migrate to a three-dimensional scaffold made of natural material and placed in a patient's mouth. Once the stem cells have colonized the scaffold, a tooth can grow in the socket and then merge with the surrounding tissue, although the results of their study were published in the Journal of the American Dental Association almost 10 years ago, Columbia University have already applied for patents for this technology, possibly making it a commercially viable reality in the near future, photograph LionFive / Pixabay, I hope this happens soon, very soon, I will be 70 next year!


No comments: