Sunday 22 December 2019

Up And Open The Box,

for tonight's bubbly,


 into the refrigerator with it, but before that Diana noticed we had a visitor on the window sill, 

 one of the squirrels had manage to climb up the brickwork, 

 and was happily eating the nuts for the birds, but here was the thing, when he finished all of the nuts, it took him an age to get down, 

 I played with the aquarium a little more,

 there were a few extremely stubborn patches of algae on the glass, 

 so I used a slightly more abrasive scouring pad, which seemed to do the trick and thankfully was not strong enough to scratch the glass,

 Diana has already left for work by the time I walked down to the station, I was on my way to meet up with Duncan, Steve and Alan,


but before catching my train I noticed this in the siding, 



 what a neat way to travel to events,

 plenty of legroom,

 and the second motor coach at the other end of the train,

 if this is your idea of how to travel,

 here is the itinerary for next year,

 those were the days, or not, depending on your view of the times, 

 I had a quick look at the English Electric diesel power plant,

 that runs the generators, both engines slumbering at tick over,

 do not forget the oil!

 this is the 60116 Mountfield, motor coach,

and if you are the driver of it, this is your work space actually in the Mountfield,

 what a lovely way to travel, 

 my train had arrived, so off to Bromley South then change to go to Maidstone East, and arrived after a taxi ride at the Spice Hut

 well it is Christmas,

 so a bottle of bubbly it was then,

 Steve for his starter decided on chicken tikka, 

 a prawn cocktail for Duncan,


for Alan and myself a prawn puri,

 'Cheers!',

 on to our main courses,

 the usual mixture of chicken dishes,

 we chatted the night away,

 after our main course,

 Duncan and myself went for a Jamaican coffee,

 which was a nice away to round off the meal,

Steve kindly dropped me off at the station, which was remarkably deserted, 

an hour or so after arriving home Diana called, so a quick walk to the bus stop and we were home, first my advent bubbly, we watched one episode of Have I Got A Bit More News For You, next, as it was just after 01.00AM, we were off to bed.


No comments: